Friday, November 18, 2011

Chemistry in video games 2: copper chloride

There is normally fire present in a video game, in the video game "Fallout: New Vegas", there are also fires. There is a certain item in particular that is more associated with this theme: a flame thrower, or as it is commonly revered to in the game: "the flamer". A normal flamer is like any other flame thrower, it spits fire; but there is a special type of flamer available in the game inventory: "the cleansing flame" a flame thrower that spits blue fire! In real life blue flames can be created by adding copper chloride solution, it can be implied that the fuel use in the cleansing flame contains copper chloride as it spits blue flames.

-I used the cleansing flame in the game and thought that the blue fire was really cool, but when I was attacked by assassins set out to terminate me I use the weapon but it wasn't very affective, I would've died if I hadn't switched to another one of my special weapons, but it was still cool to see blue fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment